Dr Simon Singh, author of the No. 1 bestseller Fermat’s Last Theorem and The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets has created a set of weekly maths challenges – just 15-30 minutes of interesting, fun and challenging material that goes beyond school maths: mystery and history, activities and oddities, puzzles and problems.
- Sign up and each week on Thursday you will receive a Parallelogram, a weekly set of maths challenges.
- It’s FREE to sign up and all the materials we offer are FREE.
- Even without an account, you can get a taste of what we offer by just clicking on the Parallelograms on the left.
- Teachers can create an account and set Parallelograms for their classes.
- a four-sided plane rectilinear figure with opposite sides parallel.
- mathematics running parallel to classwork (posted via an online telegram).
All the materials are completely free.
‘Year groups’ are now called Levels. They’re basically the same thing, with higher Levels corresponding to more advanced material. Your account has automatically been moved up to a new level, so students who were doing Year 7 Parallelograms will be at Level 3 for the upcoming year, and last year’s Year 8 students will be at Level 4 when Parallel restarts. You can change your Level in Settings if you are finding the material too easy or too challenging.